Independence Day ~ 4th of July

Independence Day ~ 4th of July
Thursday, July 04, 2013 ~ Independence Day ~ Happy 4th of July

Welcome

Relationships Love Language

Independence Day ~ 4th of July

Independence Day ~ 4th of July
Thursday, July 04, 2013 ~ Independence Day ~ Happy 4th of July

Love Language

Primitive Baptists

1stbiblical's Blog

The Inspirational

Biblical Inspiration 1

Slideshow: GOD BLESS FATHERS ~ HONOR AND RESPECT OUR FATHERS ~ HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Relationships Love Language ~ Preparing For Marriage: Part 1 ~ Euphoric Feelings ~ Parental Patterns ~ Disagreements ~ Apologies





PREPARING FOR YOUR MARRIAGE


Preparing For Marriage: Part 1
  •  Euphoric Feelings
  • Parental Patterns
  • Disagreements
  • Apologies



Preparing For Marriage: Part 1
Dr. Gary Chapman


Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married is my attempt to help couples get ready for marriage. I looked back on my own life and asked, "What do I know now that I wish I had known then?" I think if someone had told me these things, my marriage would have been much easier. I hope you'll learn from my mistakes

Euphoric Feelings 
Would it surprise you if I told you that "being in-love is not an adequate foundation for marriage?" It is highly possible to 'fall in love' with someone you should not marry. Many couples believe that if they are 'in love' then they will always be 'in love'. The reality is that the 'in love euphoria' last for an average of two years.

That's why many couples stop dating after two years. They have lost the feelings so why keep dating. In fact, they may have much in common, and be very suited for each other, but because they believe that they must retain those 'in love' feelings they give up on the relationship.

Parental Patterns
Have you ever heard this saying, "Like Mother like daughter." and "Like Father like son?" There's some truth is both of those statements. We are greatly influenced by our moms and dads. If you are seriously dating someone, I encourage you to spend time with his or her parents. What you see in his dad is likely what you will see in him ten years from now.

Does that mean we are destined to be like our parents? No, but it does mean that if we want to be different, now is the time to work on it. Let's identify the strengths and weaknesses of our parents before we get married and then ask: What do I want to change? And, what steps can I take to make sure I don't duplicate the things I dislike?

Disagreements
One of the things I wish I'd known is how to solve disagreements without arguing. Karolyn and I had no plan for handling conflicts. So, we spent a lot of time arguing. Arguments always lead down hill. Conflicts are not a sign you have married the wrong person. They simply affirm that you are human.

The key to solving disagreements is to become an empathetic listener. Try to see the world through the other person's eyes. Respect their thoughts and feelings even if you don't agree. "I think I can understand what you are saying, and it makes a lot of sense." Now, you are not an enemy but a friend who understands. Now you can look for a solution that will be good for both of you.

Apologies
After spending a lifetime counseling other couples, I am convinced that there are no healthy marriages without apology and forgiveness. Apologizing is a sign of maturity. And, forgiveness is a godly response to a sincere apology.

However, what one person considers an apology is not what another person considers an apology. He says, "I'm Sorry," and she is thinking, "You certainly are. Is there anything else you would like to say?" He thinks he has apologized and she is waiting for him to apologize. I have discovered that there are five ways in which people apologize in this country. Learning the apology language of the other person can make it much easier for them to forgive you.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

The Five Love Languages Profile will give you a thorough analysis of your emotional communication preference. It will single out your primary love language, what it means, and how you can use it to connect with your loved one with intimacy and fulfillment.

 
 
There are five love languages:

1. Words of Affirmation
2. Gifts
3. Acts of Service
4. Quality Time
5. Physical Touch

Love Languages Personal Profile @ http://www.5lovelanguages.com/assessments/personal-profiles/?profiletype=wives
 

Choose One:

Link:
Live Stream Saturday Mornings


Building Relationships Radio
Eastern Time Live Stream Saturday Mornings
11:00 a.m. Eastern Time Live Stream






Five Love Language Feed


A Love Language Minute 


Link:

Primitive Baptists


 
 
 

Relationships Love Language ~ JESUS Enters Jerusalem ~ Holy Week ~ Jesus Washes the Disciples’ Feet

Relationships Love Language ~ JESUS Enters Jerusalem ~ Holy Week ~ Jesus Washes the Disciples’ Feet
Jesus Washes the Disciples’ Feet ~ Last Supper. The Passover with the Disciples. Institution of the Lord’s Supper. Judas to Betray Jesus. Matthew 26, Mark 14, Luke 22 ESV. Jesus Washes the Disciples’ Feet. ....12 When he had washed their feet and put on his outer garments and resumed his place, he said to them, "Do you understand what I have done to you? 13 You call me Teacher and Lord, and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you also should do just as I have done to you....John 13:1-20 ESV.Christ Reasoning with Peter, by Giotto di Bondone (Cappella Scrovegni a Padova).

Labels

Tuesday, February 8, 2011~ Relationships Love Language ~ Biblical Inspiration ~ The Inspirational